Hi all! (again)
I reviewed the Thinx Sport period panty a month or two ago and y'all seemed to appreciate my opinion on it so I wanted to share another, this time for the version that is advertised to hold up to two tampons' worth and is good for heavy days. Quick recap for the sport: advertised to hold 1 1/2 tampons worth, worked really well for me overall for my light and medium days, but I felt that it only held 1 tampons' worth and I really wanted to try the heavier version to see if it would work for my heavy days.
So, I will get right into this hiphugger review after this disclaimer: Please know that I am NOT an employee/sponsor/etc of Thinx! I'm just a teenage girl pursuing a higher education who also happens to not have a lot of money to spend outside of tuition, so Thinx is something I have been more than willing to give a shot at & I want to share my experience with others as well.
I am including pictures this time with my review to help give a visual of the product.
Price: I bought these off ebay so I only paid $20 for each pair of mine. I am now able to eliminate ALL tampons/pads from my usual routine so these are so worth it for me. No more monthly product purchases or late night cvs runs!!!
Fit and style:
I am really impressed with how these look on. They are really cute and sexy and take away from that icky bloated-ugly feeling. I won't lie, there were a few times that a short bathroom trip turned into me taking my pants off just so I could admire how cute I felt in these. I am 5'2 95 lb 26" waist and I got a small as I normally do with my underwear and they fit perfectly. The lace band and leg holes do not dig in. They are really stretchy.
Bulkiness: This was v important for me bc the entire reason I bought these was to get a thin panty that would have my back during heavy days when bulkier pads could not and I am SUPER impressed with the thinness of these. They do not stick out at the crotch or feel like a nappy. They feel like they have a slightly thicker layer at the crotch and that's it.
When first taken out of the package they feel like a thin swimsuit bottom with a soft cotton inside. After washing them once they felt softer like my other VS/aerie panties. They feel high-quality and are really comfortable.
These absorb super well! They lasted me an entire TWENTY FOUR hours on my light & medium day! Not a single pad or tampon was used <3 these lasted me 8 hours on my heavy day before they began to feel excessively wet in the crotch so I changed them out. They feel very dry while wearing them & they never really feel heavy, just very wet/damp if they get full. If you notice that the blood is starting to stick to your actual vagina instead of the underwear that's a good sign it's time to change them out. I did not bleed through once, though, and I think I could have pushed them to 10 hours.
If any of you are pad users like me you might get that disgusting ~let me peel this off of my skin~ warm feeling when you change it out. These don't do that. They stay kind of dry down there. You might feel a bit of concentrated heat near where the blood is seeping onto them but not once did I internally go "ew" at them like I do with my Always Infinity (still love you guys though just can't afford you </3).
Who would I recommend these for?
I recommend these for any person who at the very least needs a backup to their normal period product. They will work best for people who have a slow flow; what I mean by this is if you are constantly gushing out blood 24/7 I don't think these will hold up as a sole product for you. The technology requires for the blood to have time to dry to accommodate more so you need to have a flow that kind of slowly comes out/gushes a few times an hour. I think they're accurate to 2 tampons' worth, so if you bleed through a normal product in under an hour I don't recommend them. I change a pad on a heavy day about once every 2-3 hours and these worked really well for my heavy day for 8 hours bc they dried better periodically than pads do. These are v good if you are just sitting down/working an office job/relaxing a lot. I cannot speak on their ability for more active jobs/exercise.
Do I think these are a good investment?
Absolutely. I am SUPER frugal with my purchases and I think these are a great purchase, esp if you can buy them cheaper off ebay. Even if these don't work out for you on your heavy days, they should get you through a light day or at the least be able to act as a back up to your cup/tampon/pad and eliminate all extra liners you have to purchase and change throughout the day. For the simple peace of mind these will give you as a back up to your normal product at the very least makes them worth the $ imo. Plus they are multipurpose; use them as normal cute panties, use them when you're unsure of if you're starting your period or not, a heavy discharge day, if you tinkle when you sneeze, light day, med day, heavy day, spotting days, etc.
Other misc notes/comments:
– When the blood is on the panty it isn't very noticeable by sight. It looks like a dark shiny substance with a slightly red tint and you have to look up close to it to see it. Big improvement from looking at a bright red tampon or splotchy pad lol.
– Clots will sit on top for about 10 minutes before drying so you can go to the bathroom and just wipe them off to get back a dry feeling if you have time.
– If you are sexually active during your period, I think these make that process easier. You don't have to go remove/change anything in the bathroom before starting, you just slip them off like normal underwear and the best part is that the blood just appears to be a slightly shiny dark substance on the underwear, so it's not like you're exposing a bright red piece of fabric to your partner. In fact, I legitimately am confident in saying that I think when you wear these your partner isn't even going to be able to tell that they're anything but normal underwear.
– If you're like me, your actual vagina might feel super sore during ttotm and the idea of using a tampon/cup or even touching any area of yourself just might make you really queasy. I personally would love to use a cup but I just get so sore that I can't. These are a WONDERFUL alternative to that. They are soft for your vag to lay on and just allow for a very peaceful & comfortable flow when you might feel horrible in every other way.
– These work wonderfully with positioning pads/liners if you want to use them as a backup. The leg holes work very well with wings.
– In my opinion, they are not "gross". I have been told that they seem "grosser" than pads/tampons/a cup/etc but I disagree. I think these are hygienic, eco-friendly, stay a lot drier than pads, are healthier for the body than exposing it to chemicals from most tampons/pads, etc. Yes, they are going to feel a little wet, but I just feel so much more comfortable when I use these that I really don't care. The only thing that would beat these would be the cup.
Sorry for the length, but I wanted to be really thorough. Thank you if you read all of this 🙂 if you have any questions please feel free to ask! Nothing is too tmi for me lol.
Hi all! (again) I reviewed the Thinx Sport period panty a month or two ago and y’all seemed to appreciate my opinion on it so I wanted to share another, this time for the version that is advertised to hold up to two tampons’ worth and is good for heavy days.